Opioid Crisis in USA
According to HHS, on average, 130 Americans die every day from an opioid overdose nationally. In Missouri alone, the total economic cost in year 2016was $12.6 billion. Overdose deaths account for 96 percent of the total economic burden.
The staggering economic cost to Missouri is equivalent to about $1.4 million per hour, about $24,000 per minute and about $399 per second. In total, Missouri’s annual burden from the opioid crisis exceeds the economic activity generated by the agriculture, mining and utilities sectors combined.
Our Mission and Goal
Every Life lost to Opioids is one too many.
Our ultimate goal is to reduce opioid overdose deaths. We are striving to bring attention to the seriousness of Opioid Addiction
and Use Disorder, especially among young adults and youths.
Our efforts are directed towards bringing resources and avenues of help in one place, making it easy for people touched with Opioids Addiction and Use Disorder to use the guidance and help that is available to them- both here and beyond.
* Help get right help, early
* Provide knowledge on how to help others who struggle with opioid addictions
* Promote community education with focus on youths
* Empower providers with educational resources
Wondering if you are at risk of opioid abuse?
You might be asking yourself, “Am I addicted to medications or drugs? Do I have a drug abuse problem?”
Our simple self-test is intended to help you determine if you might need to find out more about substance abuse and substance addiction. The questions are to help you review the role that drugs plays in your life.
Here is what it can do for you.
* Use technology for self screening of risk behaviors at early phase
* Help understand warning signs
* Provide overdose education and avenues of getting right help on time